The Inquiry Stage is the first stage in learning about religious life, and is for women 18 years of age and older who wish to know more about the Loretto Sisters (IBVM) before coming to a vocation decision. During the Inquiry stage there is continuous conversation between women who have expressed interest in our way of life and the Loretto Sisters.
What We Do
- acquaint you with our community by phone, email, visits;
- maintain regular contact to help you with your discernment;
- provide prayer support by matching you with a sister who will pray for you;
- recommend some reading (books and articles) that will help you to know more about religious life and the Loretto Sisters.
What You Do
- stay in communication with us;
- make the effort to meet with the vocation director and to visit one or more of our communities;
- continue to read and seek out information to help you make a decision;
- pray to know how God is at work in your life.
Expectations of an Inquirer
What is Discernment?
It is the ongoing search, above all, for the ways God is working in our lives. Prayer in most important in this search. The grace of vocation flows from our Christian baptismal commitment; a woman discerning a call to religious life is attentive through prayer and reflection to the ways Christ calls her to follow him as she considers becoming a sister.
For more information please contact:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have at least a high school diploma and at least two years of post-secondary education or two years of work experience;
- be free of major financial debts and have sufficient funds to cover living expenses for the 12-month candidacy period;
- be a practising Catholic for at least two years;
- if widowed or divorced, some time must have elapsed since the annulment of her marriage or death of her spouse.
- Lynn Cira IBVM
- Director of Vocations
- 70 St. Mary Street
- Toronto, ON M5S 1J3
- 416 925-2833 ex.5231
- lorettovocations [at] bell [dot] net